Foreign Students Packages
Catering for groups of foreign students. Complete package.
Hello, Nǐ hǎo, 你好, Добрый день!
We work closely with many foreign companies in Europe, China and Russia, offering complete tour packages for groups of students.
We appreciate that students from abroad may find it difficult to travel to UK just for one course and sometimes would like to make a holiday of it, so we are here to help! Our tailored packages are very popular and receive great feedback.
Royal Yachting Association certification is recognised all over the world and is the best way to learn sailing. Our challenging waters offer plenty of scope to learn sailing and our instructors are very, very good! You are in safe hands.
We offer an 11 days sailing programme, leading to an RYA Day Skipper Tidal qualification, and 3 days sightseeing, in a well proven package.
For students wishing to advance to RYA Coastal Skipper Tidal or beyond (RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore/Ocean), subject to suitable prior qualifications – this can also be arranged.
What you will learn at out RYA Centre over 11 days
- Basics of seamanship
- Essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- Electronic charts
- Position fixing
- Plotting a course to steer
- Weather forecasting and meteorology
- Collision regulations
- Construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- Emergency and safety procedures including distress calls
- Use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
- Preparation for sea
- Deck work
- Rules of the road
- Maintenance and repair work
- Emergency situations
- Yacht handling under power
- Yacht handling under sail
- Passage making
- Night cruising
Sightseeing and programme per day
This programme is set over 3 days. We can arrange the following visits:
- Bicester Village
- Any other destination, providing the timing works in combination with the RYA Courses Programme.
Complete programme split per day:
- Day 1 – Day 11: Arrival and sailing training. Accomodation and food provided onboard
- Day 12 – Sightseeing. Accomodation and food provided
- Day 13 – Sightseeing. Accomodation and food provided
- Day 14 – Depart home
- 11 days sail training – GBP1355 per person, including accomodation and food on board the yacht
- 3 days sightseeing – from GBP530 per person, including accomodation, breakfast and native language guide with a driver/minibus to drive you around London/UK and transfer to the airport.
We work around you. Contact us to discuss your requirements. The programme is very flexible and each module can be changed/taken out or additional module (eg. RYA theory in the class) can be added to suit the need of particular group/person.
We provide discounts for groups and can arrange training in suitable for you dates.
Not sure about paying online? No problem, call us and we can take payment over the phone. Or if you have any questions, we are here!
01273 987 087
I came for a 5 days course and it was freeezing! I did come in February though, so serves me right. There was a proper heater onboard though, so we we fine. The course structure was excellent, Aubrey [instructor] really knew his stuff and it was fun. Lots of mooring, which is what I was after. Feel much more confident now, and thanks for the pies, v. good 🙂James Clover
Staying in a different marina every night was the highlight for me. This is what cruising is about, I guess, so not coming back to Mercury was ideal, I got to know the Solent pretty well. Lee [instructor] was good at stepping back and letting us do it ourselves, which was very useful. Thanks again, and see you next year!Dan Collier
Hi guys, just a quick note to say THANKS! I was really nervous, but it was all good in the end. We just practiced every day and little by little I figured it out, I can moor! Still a little nervous, but the basics are there now, I understand what needs to be done. I’ll come back for the mile building, I think. All in all, the course was well structured, very much hands on and I liked the boat, very plush :J Thanks for a great week!Elena Godfrey